Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Healthy yet tasty smoothie creation of mine...

So the past couple of weeks at work, I've made the same smoothie for my "employee meal" every shift I have had. In the words of Dave Gahan (Singer for Depeche Mode), "I just can't get enough!" Although that's not entirely true, because I always go through phases such as this one. Eventually I'll make up another smoothie or revert back to another of my previous recipes. This is turning into a tangent and not a recipe...so here is my current favorite smoothie:

* 4 oz Carrot Juice
* 2 oz OJ
* 2-3 oz Plain Yogurt
* 9 oz Frozen Strawberries
* 3 oz Frozen Blueberries
* 1 whole Fresh Banana

I add 2 oz of ice to mine so that it'll come out to a full original size, but ice is never really necessary in homemade smoothies.

And there you have it! A tasty and very healthy smoothie...well, actually more like a drink. The fresh banana and yogurt make it a bit slimy and runny compared to normal Jamba Juice that everyone is used to.

Enjoy! (Should you be brave enough to try a smoothie with carrot juice...)

Nick~

No comments: