Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Yummo!

What a great idea! I just posted on my own blog about a problem I am having cooking. I have no desire to do it. None. I think mostly it is because I don't know what to make....so I asked people to share with me their recipes. In no less than a week I have received about 150 pages of recipes in Word documents and am thrilled! I have cooked 2 nights in a row! Don't judge me, I usually only cook about once a week..the other nights consist of Spencer cooking, cereal, bagels and Cafe Rio. Sad I know. Anyways, yesterday night I made a very most DELICIOUS MEAL!!! SOOO good. I will share it with you now.

Chicken Mushroom & Asparagus Penne

1 lb fresh asparagus
16 oz penne pasta
2 T olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
1 T parsley
2 chicken breast, cooked and cubed (Lindsey uses rotisserie chicken)
1 C Caesar dressing
Salt and pepper
½ C parmesan cheese

Cook pasta…add cut asparagus when pasta has about 2 min. remaining to boiling water. Drain. Meanwhile in large skillet, add olive oil, garlic and chicken. Cook chicken. Add mushrooms and parsley. Stir fry until mushrooms are tender. Add dressing and cook til warm. Add pasta and asparagus. Season. Top with Cheese.

Note: I half this recipe. I doesn’t make great leftovers. The sauce doesn’t reheat well.

No comments: