Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Seasoned Tilapia Fillets


This recipe is from my Taste of Home: Simple & Delicious magazine my mom subscribed me to. I love it! The recipes are very, well, simple and delicious!

2 tilapia fillets
1 tbsp. butter, melted
1 tsp. steak seasoning (i used lemon/pepper chicken seasoning--it provide a great spicy flavor)
1/2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/8 tsp. onion powder
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
Dash of garlic powder

1. Place fillets in a greased 11x7 baking dish. Drizzle with butter.
2. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; sprinkle over fillets.
3. Cover and bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake 6-8 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
4. Eat delicious fish!

This recipe suggests serving with a dill asparagus sidedish. I just served it with a vegetable-medley and toast. I didn't buy fresh tilapia; I bought a frozen pack for $4 at Walmart. It comes with 4-fillets, each individually sealed in the bag. That makes it super easy to thaw them. Just place the individually sealed fillet in a bowl of lukewarm water until it's thawed. YUM!

1 comment:

Nick Walsh said...

Sounds excellent. I LOVE fish!